Øivind Brune (1942 – 2015 ) had a rich production as painter and graphic artist. Some of his works were created (or has later been seen) as series of pictures, pictures that also could function as singular works. Some of these series has been fully shown in exhibition, some not.
This book presents most of these series. When we started the work Øivind was asked to write an induction to each series, as a help to the viewer. It took a while, but Øivind delivered the texts. Not explanations or analyses, but short poetic or narrative text with a paradoxical mixture of humor and melancholy.
I additon there are texts by the artist Morten Krohg and the art historian Per Bj., Boym.
The following series are presented in the book:
- Stripes and planes (paintings og silkscreen prints 1968 – 1976)
- The Beaches (colour woodcuts 1989– 1994)
- The Mountains (colour woodcuts 1993)
- Café in Sunset (colour woodcuts 1996)
- People say heelo and hope the others are well (paintings and colour woodcuts 1997-1998)
- Hiker (paintings and colour woodcuts 1997 – 2000)
- Diver (Paintings 1999 – 2001)
- Jogger waiting for green light (colour woodcuts 2005 – 2006)
- Indians (paintings and colour woodcuts 2000 – 2009)
The book shows also som black and white woodcuts,
Editor: Per Bj. Boym
Design: Stein Rønning.
240 x 240 mm, 312 pages
121 full page images
Price NOK 300,- (+shipping costs) BUY BOOKS?